A day spent sampling the best food and wine that the country has to offer is more relaxing than you could ever imagine. Throw in entertaining and hands-on informative experiences lead by the likes of George Calombaris, Jenny Morris and Siba Mtongana and you’re bound to have an unforgettable day!
Johannesburg is the next stop for the revitalised Good Food & Wine Show which promises to bring a menu bursting with delicious offerings and innovative experiences to the Ticketpro Dome from Friday, 29 to Sunday, 31 July 2016.
“Our aim this year, with revamping the Show’s look and feel, is to provide a more interactive, informative and entertaining offering packed with a profusion of immersive experiences to enjoy and trends to uncover,” said Maria Chieppa, Managing Director of Fiera Milano Exhibitions Africa (new owners of the show) in a statement.
“We struck gold with this recipe in Cape Town and will be dishing up more of the same at the Johannesburg show.” – Chieppa
Curator, Hannerie Visser, has designed a show that allows visitors to explore and enjoy the latest trends in lifestyle and design, and experience a number of unique sensory experiences associated with good food and wine. What’s more, the Show, in its new format, is a platform at the disposal of the industry.
“It’s a space to connect, share and to enjoy one of the best things in the world – food,” – Visser
Highlights such as a Sensorium capturing the scents of Cape Town from Kalk Bay’s fish and chips to Cape Malay masala, the Wine Wall enabling wine lovers to see and smell some of the best South African and international wines and a pop up cinema giving visitors a comfy space in which to take a breather and watch their favourite foodie movies had the Cape Town edition dubbed the ‘GREAT Food & Wine Show.’
The best part for many show goers is the free entry into all but one of the eight themed theatres, enabling more opportunities to interact with local and international chefs the likes of George Calombaris, Siba Mtongana, Sarah Graham, Jenny Morris, Neill Anthony and J’Something. Joining them at the Johannesburg show will be Australian chef, restauranteur, author and judge on The Great Australian Bake Off, Matt Moran.
“I had such a great time in Cape Town, I am really looking forward to sharing recipes from my new cookbook GREEK and meeting and mingling with MasterChef fans in Johannesburg. It’s been a few years since between visits there so looking forward to it!” said Calombaris of his upcoming ‘Good Food & Wine’ Joburg experience.
The introduction of eight exciting focus areas to explore ensures that there is something to cater to every palate. These include Wellness;Lifestyle; Wine; Beer & Alcohol; Market & Street Food; Kids; Baking and Gourmet. Under each, audiences get to interact with exhibitors, find out about the latest food trends and take part in entertaining and informative hands-on experiences.
Available from TicketPro and at the door, Good Food & Wine Show tickets retail at the following prices:
- Early Bird Special: R126 (10% discountuntil 26 July. Ticket for one entrance only, valid for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.)
- Adult: R 140 (valid for one entry only on any of the days)
- Senior Citizensover 65 years: R100 (Free on Friday – valid with proof of ID card)
- Student: R100 (Valid only with proof of student card)
- Age 13 – 18: R50
- Age 0-12: Free
- Weekend Pass: R190 incudes entry on Saturday and Sunday only and excludes wine glass and tasting
- Wine Combo Ticket: R170 (Includes general admission entry, wine tasting glass and wine tastings valued at R30 on wine tasting card – each wine tasting from R5)
- Wine Glass & Tastings: R50 (Includes tasting glass and wine tastings valued at R30 on wine tasting card – each wine tasting from R5) For additional tastings, recharge the card at the wine glass sales desk.
- Chefs Table: 90 – 120 minute session with a chef, maximum 40 people per session, includes Q&A, photos and tastings of food demonstrated and book signing (excludes book)
- Chefs Table for George Calombaris and Matt Moran is R800 per person
- Chefs Table for Jenny Morris, Siba Mtongana and Sarah Graham is R300 per person
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @mediagirl_za